Xu Yi has rich experiences in IP litigation. She is based in Shanghai.
Xu Yi joined Rouse in December 2013. She has a bachelor and masters degrees in law from Peking University. She worked as a judge in the IP Tribunal of Shanghai Pudong New District Court for 6 years prior to joining Lusheng, and has since handled numerous groundbreaking IP litigation cases, including patent litigation, copyright, trademark, unfair competition, parallel importation cases, licensing agreement disputes, etc.
Xu Yi provides tailored enforcement strategies. She has particular expertise in patent cases, new types of unfair competition, conflict between different kinds of IP rights, protection of collective trademarks and complicated copyright infringement. She has helped clients reverse unfavourable prior judgments in multiple complicated second instance and Supreme Court retrial cases. She has obtained high compensation of more than tens of millions for clients in many large-scale lawsuits. She has also successfully applied for preliminary injunction orders for clients in multiple courts.
- Represented a French company to win the retrial procedure for a patent infringement case in the Supreme People’s Court
- Represented a famous 7 star hotel management company to obtain 2 preliminary injunction orders against China trademark infringers in two separate cases
- Represented a well-known sports company to obtain a preliminary injunction order based on complex unfair competition issues against a repeated counterfeiter
- Represented a famous American film company to protect its famous cartoon image against unauthorized use/unauthorized revision
- Represented a Canadion company to overturned the unfavorable 1st instance judgement of a copyright infringement case regarding works of applied art
- Represented a leading internet company and provided a multidimensional intellectual property strategy involving trademarks, data protection, copyright, and unfair competition
- Bachelor of Laws, Peking University, China (2004)
- Master of Laws, Peking University, China (2006)
- PRC licensed lawyer
- Patent litigation