Wensen An is a Chinese patent attorney and attorney at law. Before joining Lusheng as a Director in 2019, he worked at China Iron& Steel Research Institute Group and China Patent Agent (H.K.) Ltd.
During his Ph.D and R&D work, Wensen mainly engaged in research on artificial intelligence (AI)/ machine learning (ML) algorithm and industrial application thereof, and published more than 10 papers in renowned international academic journals. He also has over 10 years’ experience in intellectual property field and has dealt with several thousands of patent cases for domestic and foreign clients, including providing services such as patent layout and mining, patent drafting, patent prosecution, patent invalidation and litigation, patent validity analysis, patent protection strategy consultation, and design patent applications, and handling outbound patent applications to the United States, EPO, Germany, Japan, Brazil, Turkey, and Southeast Asian countries for domestic enterprises. Recently, Mr. An has paid special attention to the intellectual property protection issues of high-tech enterprises. He has been invited to conduct intellectual property training for famous incubator platforms, help clients maximize the commercial value of intellectual property, and has published articles in and been interviewed by authoritative media such as Robotics Law Journal, China Intellectual Property News. His technical fields mainly include AI/ML, electrical and electronic engineering, industrial automation, automotive engineering, medical equipment.
- PhD, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
- Visiting Scholar, Universidad Politécnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
- Post-Graduation Study in Law, China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing, China
- PRC licensed patent attorney
- PRC licensed lawyer
- IAM Global Leaders 2021
- Expert for AIIA (Artificial Intelligence Industry Alliance) Industrial Data Group
- Member of the Trade Secret Committee of Capital Intellectual Property Services Association
- Domestic Expert for Overseas Intellectual Property Affairs listed by the WorldIP of China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA)
- Expert for Administrative Committee of Zhongguancun Science Park
- Expert for AIIA (Artificial Intelligence Industry Alliance) China AI Industry Intellectual Property White Paper 2020
- Member of AI Legal Professional Committee of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence
- Member of Intellectual Property Youth Committee of Capital Intellectual Property Service Association
- Mandarin; English
Partial Academic Publications/ Reports
- Wensen AN, Sci-tech Innovation Board adheres to "hard technology", China Intellectual Property News (article by invitation),2021.5.12
- Wensen AN, The Amendments to Intellectual Property Clauses of Criminal Law Amendment (11), LexisNexis, 2021.3.2.
- Wensen AN, etc., AIIA White Paper on Intellectual Property Rights in China’s Artificial Intelligence Industry 2020, 2021.2.3.
- Wensen AN, Yating LI, Yuhui YAN, Prevention to Intellectual Property Risks of Chinese Enterprises in the Process of "Going Global", LexisNexis, 2021.1.21.
- Wensen AN, AI inventors’ eligibility and the "Patent Examination Guidelines Revised Draft (Second Draft for Soliciting Comments)", LexisNexis, Nov. 11, 2020
- Wensen AN, A brief summary of the fourth revision of the Patent Law-- from the perspective of the patent life cycle, LexisNexis, Nov. 30, 2020
- Wensen AN, The Lay of The Land: Patent Law and AI Inventors, Robotics Law Journal, Oct. 30, 2020
- Wensen AN, Di PAN, Analysis of the Qualification of AI Patent Inventors from the Perspective of US Patent Law, China Inventions& Patents, 17 (10):110-113，2020
- Wensen AN, Analysis of the Qualification of AI Patent Inventors under the British Patent Law, China Intellectual Property News, 10th edition, 2020.9.30.
- Wensen An, Jin Zhang, Analysis of Technical Motivation in Inventiveness Judgment-From Perspective of Inventiveness Arguments in the Patent Prosecution Practice, Patent Agency, 2019.issue 3.
- Duong Vu, Wensen An, Arifia Fajra, Patenting blockchain technology in Asia: trends and patentability, Asian Patent Lawyer’s Annual, December, 2019.
- Wensen An, The protection trends of AI and commercial mode related patent—from the perspective of Revised Draft on Part II Chapter 9 of Patent Examination Guidelines, Wolters Kluwer (appointed article), December, 2019.
- International Protection Trends of AI Related Patent, Beijing, November, 2019.
- Want to "Dance" in the SSE STAR Market, Pass Intellectual Property Control First (interview article) (in Chinese), Corporate Culture,490:77-80, September, 2019.
- How to Draft a High-quality Technical Disclosure, Zhengzhou, August.12, 2019.
- Enterprise Intellectual Property Strategy for Overseas Exhibition, Shenzhen, July.31, 2019.
- Wensen An, The Signature of Inventions-creations Shall be Taken with Caution (in Chinese), China Intellectual Property News, July 17, 2019
- China's "NASDAQ" is Launched Which is Enabled by Core Intellectual Property (interview article) (in Chinese), China Intellectual Property News, Jun.19, 2019
- Wensen An, Overseas Patent Planning Strategies (in Chinese), Wuxi Jiangsu Province, Jun. 17, 2019
- Wensen An, The Significance of IP to Tech Startups and the Countermeasures thereof (in Chinese), Daimler Startup Autobahn, Beijing, May 15, 2019
- Wensen An, The Enlightenment of the Rules of the SSE STAR Market to the Pre-IPO Companies (in Chinese), China Intellectual Property News, Mar.27, 2019
- Wensen An, The Analysis of Intellectual Property Issues of the Rules of the SSE STAR Market and the Suggestions on Constructing Intellectual Property Strategy for Startups (in Chinese), Zhichanli, Mar.26, 2019
- Wensen An, Brief Introduction of US Patent Law and Practice -from a comparative perspective, China Patent Agent (H.K.) Ltd., Feb.28, 2014
- Wensen An, Cecilio Angulo, Yanguang Sun, Support Vector Regression with Interval-input Interval-output, International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, 1(4):299-303, 2008
- Wensen An, Yanguang Sun, Equivalence between SILF-SVR and Ordinary Kriging, Neural Processing Letters, 23(2): 133-141, 2006
- Wensen An, Yanguang Sun, Wengong Zhu, Study on Support Vector Machine based Prediction of Steel Quenching Degree (in Chinese), by Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument, 27(11): 1410-1413, 2006
- Wensen An, Yanguang Sun, A New Method for Constructing Kernel Function of Support Vector Regression (in Chinese), Information and Control, 35(3): 378-381, 2006
- Wensen An, Yanguang Sun, Deji Wang, Study on Support Vector Machine in Calculating Steel Quenching Degree, Proceedings of The 6th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, 9:7780-7783, Dalian China, 21-23 June 2006
- Wensen An, Yanguang Sun, PKSVR: A Novel Prior Knowledge-based Support Vector Regression. Asian Journal of Information Technology, 4 (11): 978-980, 2005
- Wensen An, Yanguang Sun, An Information-Geometrical Approach to Constructing Kernel in Support Vector Regression Machines. Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3610, 546-553, 2005
- Wensen An, Yanguang Sun, An Information-Geometrical Approach to Kernel Construction in SVM and Its Application in Soft-Sensor Modeling. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 7:4356-4359, Guangzhou, 18-21 August 2005