Tim is an Executive at Rouse Consultancy in China and the Head of Patent Strategy and development. He is based in the firm’s Shanghai office.
Tim is a lawyer and a registered patent attorney in New Zealand and Australia. He has represented local and international clients in patent litigation before the New Zealand Courts and in pre-grant oppositions before the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) and IPAustralia. Tim is also a past-President of the New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys (NZIPA). Tim was on the Auckland Executive Committee of Export New Zealand and was also on the judging panel for two separate business awards, the Air New Zealand Cargo Export NZ Awards and the AmCham-DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards. Tim has worked in the IP field for over 25 years specializing primarily in patents, although he also has experience with copyright, registered designs and trade marks as advising clients is rarely isolated to just one available right. Tim has regularly advised clients on freedom to operate, filing, prosecution, and commercialization strategies in order to advance their commercial objectives locally and internationally.
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia
- Bachelor of Laws, Victoria University of Wellington
- MSc (Hons - Chem), Massey University
- Managing IP Stars 2014 -2017
- IAM 2017
- Who’s Who Legal, Patents, 2015- 2017
- LEGAL 500, Recommended Lawyer, Asia Pacific 2016
- Watching Rugby and Cricket
- Anything to do with beaches