Sharon is a senior partner and head of the litigation group at the Lusheng Law Firm. She obtained a Ph.D. at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München in Germany, and has been practicing in the IP field for over 20 years. Sharon has a rich body of experience in IP strategy, IP litigation and enforcement. She has led hundreds of IP cases, many of which have been selected as noteworthy cases of the year by courts at all levels, including the Supreme People’s Court, and also won varieties professional awards.
Sharon studied at Southwest University of Political Science & Law to obtain a Bachelor Degree of Law. She then studied at Renmin University of China to obtain a postgraduate degree in the area of civil law. She went to Germany and was awarded a scholarship at the Max-Planck Institute, studying there as a Fellow for Foreign and International Patent, Copyright and Competition Law. Sharon obtained her Ph.D. degree in IP law at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München. Before becoming a practicing lawyer she used to work as a lecturer at university. She is the author of Comparison of the Chinese Unfair Competition Law with German Law, which has been published in a variety of formats, both domestically and abroad.
Sharon is a member of numerous law associations in China and abroad, and acting as a member of the council of China Intellectual Property Law(IPLaw) .
She has participated in the formulation and revision of related laws of China regarding intellectual property, with much of her advice and opinions being adopted by the legislative and judicial authorities.
Sharon has comprehensive expertise in IP litigation and enforcement, particularly in the domain of patents, trademarks, copyright and unfair competition. Acting as the leader of Lusheng, she provides a full range of IP services to many well-known international and domestic companies. Many of her cases have been selected by the Supreme People’s Court and other courts for their unprecedented nature, and also won varieties of professional awards.
Her main remarkable litigations include:
- Leading attorney representing Worldwide Brands regarding the trademark “camel active” infringement case, this case was listed as Typical IP cases of 2017 by China IP magazine;
- Leading attorney representing ThyssenKrupp in the Supreme People's Court retrial case defending invention patent infringement. This case was listed as the No.1 case of 50 Typical Cases of Judicial Protection of Intellectual Property by Courts across China in year 2016;
- Leading attorney representing Land Rover in trademark infringement case, which was awarded as 50 Typical Cases of Judicial Protection of Intellectual Property by Courts across China in year 2016;
- Leading attorney representing Crocs in litigation against passing off on trade name and product designs, via anti-unfair competition law. This case was awarded as Top 50 IP cases of China 2015 by SPC and Top 10 IP cases of Shanghai 2015;
- Leading attorney representing Mars in “WHISKAS” case against a Chinese Infringement company. This case was awarded as China Top IP Cases in 2012 by China IP magazine, which was recommended by Beijing No. 2 Intermediate People’s Court;
- Lead attorney in trade mark/unfair competition case for Nivea against a Chinese infringer, which was won the 2009 - 2010 China IPR Best Practices Award of QBPC;
- Lead attorney in ground-breaking online copyright litigation case in the international recording industry against Yahoo! China. This case was recognised as the No. 1 IP Case in China in 2007 by the Beijing Higher People's Court;
- Lead attorney in Peter Rabbit case, acting for FREDERICK WARNE&CO．LTD, which was recognised by SIPO as the most influential case of 2004.
LLB, Southwest University for Political Science and Law, China
LLM, People's University, China
D. in intellectual property, Munich University, Germany
- PRC licensed lawyer
- Recommended Patent Litigation individual China - IAM Patent 1000, 2019
- Top 50 IP Lawyers in China - Zhichanli 2019
- Leading Lawyer for IP in China - Asialaw 2013
- Top Copyright Practitioner - Beijing Copyright Bureau 2009-2010
- Top Ten Copyright Lawyers - Beijing Lawyers Association 2010