Landy Jiang is a Partner at Lusheng Law Firm. Landy has been practising IP law for fifteen years and has a legal education background in China, the US and the UK.
Landy has advised and represented international companies on IP strategies, IP portfolio, and IP related contentious matters, covering all varieties of trade mark, copyright, patent, trade secret, trade name, domain name and unfair competition issues etc. The clients Landy has advised on come from a wide range of industries, including technology, telecommunciations, digital & internet, chemicals & pharmaceutical, manufacturing & engineering, FMCG, personal care, entertainment, hotel services and luxury goods.
Landy has handled landmark cases in China, which received awards from courts and industrial organisations. Examples include:
- 3D TM and Unfair Competition litigation against lookalike watch supplier, on behalf of Panerai and IWC (Richemont Group) – Top 10 trademark cases recognised by Shenzhen Trademark Association (2019)
- Beijing Rouchi Technology Co., Ltd infringes the copyright of McGraw Hill Education for “Wonders” course – Top 10 National “Sword Campaign” Cases 2019 (national campaign against online copyright infringement)
- Beijing You Yue Ying Chuang Technology Co., Ltd infringes the copyright of literary works： top of National Anti-Piracy top ten cases. (2017)
- Land Rover – Representing clients against two local entities: SPC 50 IP Typical Cases of 2016
- Cartier VS Hangzhou Ruishang E-Commerce Co., Ltd. use the well-known product special decoration dispute case (Cartier "LOVE" series jewelry design protection) (2016)
- Crocs V. JSK unfair competition case: 2015 China IP Magazine typical court cases in China, one of 2015 Shanghai Top 10 IP cases
- KingBook copyright infringement case: 2015 Top 10 Cases Against Piracy by National Copyright Administration of China
- Diageo Brands B.V. & Diageo (Shanghai) v Mr. Liu Zhaolong for counterfeiting foreign spirits: one of TOP 10 Best Court Cases of IPR Protection of China in 2010 – judged by the Supreme People's Court
- “NIVEA/妮维雅” VS “OUMEINA/欧美娜” case trade mark infringement and unfair competition: 2010 QBPC China IPR Best Practices
- STIHL v Quzhou SWOOL Power Machinery Co., Ltd.: One of the Top 50 IP Cases in China in 2008 – judged by the Supreme People's Court, One of the Top 10 IP Cases – judged by the Zhejiang Higher Court in 2008
- represented a multi-national food manufacturer in its appeal against Guangzhou Haomingtuhua Food Co., Ltd.: One of the Top 10 IP Cases in 2008 – the Guangzhou Intermediate Court
Landy has also written a number of articles which have been published in China and abroad, including in the Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (Oxford Press), Copyright World, China Patents and Trademarks, Managing Intellectual Property, China Law and Practice, In-house Lawyer etc.
Bachelor’s degree – Beijing Foreign Studies University
PRC licensed lawyer
Certificate in Intellectual Property Law – Queen Mary, University of London
LLM in Intellectual Property - Berkeley, University of California
Travel, Rubik's cube and riddles