Landy Jiang has been practising IP law for ten years and has a legal education background in China, the US and the UK. She is a PRC licensed lawyer at Lusheng Law Firm.
Landy has advised and represented international companies on IP strategies, IP portfolio, and IP related contentious matters, covering all varieties of trade mark, copyright, patent, trade secret, trade name, domain name and unfair competition issues etc. The clients Landy has advised on come from a wide range of industries, including technology, telecommunciations, digital & internet, chemicals & pharmaceutical, manufacturing & engineering, FMCG, personal care, entertainment, hotel services and luxury goods.
Landy has handled landmark cases in China, which received awards from courts and industrial organisations. Examples include:
- Representing IFPI members (sound recording companies) against Yahoo!China, for copyright infringement related to online music (awarded as No.1 of the Top 10 IP Cases in Beijing of 2007)
- Representing a German manufacturer in invention patent litigation against local infringer (selected as Top 50 Intellectual Property Cases by the Supreme People’s Court of 2008)
- Representing International spirit brands in counterfeit criminal case (Top 10 IP Judicial Protection Cases of 2010, selected by the Supreme People’s Court)
- Representing an international personal care enterprise in trade mark and unfair competition dispute against local infringer (awarded as annual litigation case by QPBC)
- Representing a US footwear company in unfair competition claim for protect shape protection (Top 50 Intellectual Property Cases by the Supreme People’s Court of 2015)
- Representing a UK vehicle company in trade mark case against bad faith user in clothing industry (Top 50 Intellectual Property Cases by the Supreme People’s Court of 2016)
- Representing international publishers for enforcement action against digital piracy (Top 10 National Copyright Enforcement Cases selected by National Copyright Administration of China, 2015, 2017) etc..
Landy has also written a number of articles which have been published in China and abroad, including in the Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (Oxford Press), Copyright World, China Patents and Trademarks, Managing Intellectual Property, China Law and Practice, In-house Lawyer etc.
Bachelor’s degree – Beijing Foreign Studies University
PRC licensed lawyer
Certificate in Intellectual Property Law – Queen Mary, University of London
LLM in Intellectual Property - Berkeley, University of California
Travel, Rubik's cube and riddles